I have a use case where I need to update hundreds of tablets which are
wi-fi only with my app and
I want to use GCM to accomplish this goal. However, what I could not figure
out from the docs is
if I can register a wi-fi only device either w/ the IP (which might change
based on the location)
or using the development device ID or the wi-fi mac address. Which of the
three that I mentioned
are reliable ways of sending notifications to update w/ a newer version of
my app? If none of these
are the right choices, what are my options since I can't have a phone
number associated with
these devices.

Best 7 Inch Tablet<http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Tablets/>