I have implemented Sample gcm-client provided by Google. Tried to send
notifications to the app from my server. This is an HTTP based server.
Everything was working fine. But, now suddenly, notifications are not
received by the app any more. When I changed the server key to send
notification, it still didn't work. I created new Google API project
registered the app for this newly obtained sender ID. Now notifications are
received successfully.

Also, I tried to send notifications to another similar app (which is little
different from gcm-client obtained from samples) from older sender ID with
the old server key (obviously!). It works fine.

Hence, the question that I have here is, what could be the reason that I
can't receive notifications? Is it due to limitation on the number of
messages that can be sent using a particular sender ID? But I couldn't find
any mention of such limitation and the document says GCM service is totally
free.

Please help if I am missing anything.

Thanks!

  • Andrew Marentis at Apr 2, 2014 at 3:46 pm
    Did you wait for a period of time to see if the messages were allowed again
    ? 24 -36 hours.

    My thought is the account that stopped hit a trigger on some Google
    anti-spam service.

    -A
[...]

    https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-gcm/16c56aaf-6dcb-4bc1-8b98-6ef2e3382030%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-gcm/16c56aaf-6dcb-4bc1-8b98-6ef2e3382030%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
    .
  • S-91 at Apr 2, 2014 at 6:27 pm
    Actually, I retried to send notifications after about 17-18 hours. But
    didn't receive notifications. But I have a question here : If the account
    hit Google anti-spam service, how am I able to send notifications to
    another app successfully with same sender ID and key? Please correct if I
    am wrong.
[...]

  • S-91 at Apr 3, 2014 at 4:26 am
    Can someone please help on this? This is little urgent.

    Thanks!