I have been working on GCM, I have used GCM sample server from android
developers site and latest GCM apis it works on emulator under wifi company
proxy with ports enabled 5228,5229,5230 but not on real device following
steps I have taken :

   Wi * With open port 5228, 5229, 5230 for specific static IP it is not
working.

2) * With any-any for IN and OUT it works fine, but that is the
situation which we want to avoid.

*My application is an enterprise application and intended for our
organization, it won’t be possible to open all incoming ports for whole
employees.*

*Is there any another way to achieve the same.*

Thanks

Shubhank

  • Kenneth Corbin at Dec 28, 2013 at 10:09 pm
    You have to allow OUTGOING ports 5228-5230. The documentation used to
    refer to ingoing points, but it should have been corrected.

    If GCM required access to ingoing ports on devices, it wouldn't work when
    those devices are behind a NAT router, which almost all of them are.