Is there any detailed documentation that describes how a firewall is to be
configured in order to have our server connect outbound with the GCM
server? Specifically what IP Addresses have to be open?

The only official google documentation that I can find on the topic is the
short paragraph at http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/http.html that
says:

*"Note:* If your organization has a firewall that restricts the traffic to
or from the Internet, you need to configure it to allow connectivity with
GCM in order for your Android devices to receive messages. The ports to
open are: 5228, 5229, and 5230. GCM typically only uses 5228, but it
sometimes uses 5229 and 5230. GCM doesn't provide specific IPs, so you
should allow your firewall to accept outgoing connections to all IP
addresses contained in the IP blocks listed in Google's ASN of 15169."

What is the trusted way to find out the list of IP blocks in ASN 15169? Is
that published by Google anywhere?

Thanks for your help!