I am not sure I can get a response to my question on this issue but here
goes. I am using a Google nexus 3 with the latest Android update (Jellybean
4.XX?) Anyway, I am a little POed that I am unable to increase the volume
on my rings and my conversations. I am POed that I can't 'LOCK' my sound
levels. Every time I grip my phone and accidentally depress the button my
sound level drops and I already have a hard time hearing it at 'full'.

I am especially POed because I know damn well the phone itself is perfectly
capable of projecting louder noise. I know this because when I play words
with friends and a commercial is triggered the sound is suddenly loud
enough for me to hear easily..

Is there an app I can use to 'fix' these issues?

Thank you,

Herb