Saw these in another list:

http://featurepoints.com/web/
http://www.freemyapps.com/
http://www.getjar.com/

And I know there are others. Basically you "try" apps by installing
THEIR app and earn points or whatever to get other presumably paid
apps. Are these things for real? Safe? Worth bothering with? You know
what they say about something being "too good to be true". Or "you
get what you pay for" :)

TIA

elaine

-----