I am getting this exception, maybe from just one guy who has a ZTE500 with
Android 2.3.4.

The layout at line #24 is pretty simple.

     <ExpandableListView android:id="@android:id/list"
     android:layout_width="match_parent"
     android:layout_height="match_parent"
     android:layout_weight="1">
        </ExpandableListView>

As a suggestion from the compiler, I changed the
layout:height="match_parent" to "0dip". However I don't know what dimension
it is complaining about.
My dimens.xml file is using dip, sp, and dp.
I couldn't find any thing in my styles and themes that looked like a
dimension that would apply to ListViews or Expandable list views.

Below is the full exception:

android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #24: Error inflating
class android.widget.ExpandableListView
at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1647)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1663)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:117)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:931)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3683)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:864)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:622)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
Caused by: android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #24: Error
inflating class android.widget.ExpandableListView
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:518)
at
com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneLayoutInflater.onCreateView(PhoneLayoutInflater.java:56)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createViewFromTag(LayoutInflater.java:568)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.rInflate(LayoutInflater.java:623)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:408)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:320)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.inflate(LayoutInflater.java:276)
at
com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.setContentView(PhoneWindow.java:207)
at android.app.Activity.setContentView(Activity.java:1657)
at
com.crittermap.backcountrynavigator.MapSourceChooserActivity.onCreate(MapSourceChooserActivity.java:79)
at
android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
at
android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1611)
... 11 more
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.constructNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:415)
at android.view.LayoutInflater.createView(LayoutInflater.java:505)
... 22 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Can't convert to
dimension: type=0x1
at android.content.res.TypedArray.getDimensionPixelSize(TypedArray.java:463)
at android.widget.ExpandableListView.(ExpandableListView.java:203)
... 25 more

  • Markus Punz at Aug 13, 2013 at 8:05 pm
    Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren!=20 =20 Vielen Dank f=FCr Ihre Nachricht, leider bin ich erst am
    19.8. wieder im B= =FCro.=20 Da Ihre Nachricht nicht automatisch weitergeleitet wird,
    kontaktieren Sie b= itte in dringenden F=E4llen Herrn Daniel Schmoll
    (daniel.schmoll@bdc.at) - = Tel: 0664 / 9114703 =20 Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen Markus Punz

  • Tim Mensch at Aug 13, 2013 at 10:22 pm

    I am getting this exception, maybe from just one guy who has a ZTE500
    with Android 2.3.4.
    I haven't seen that one; did you mean to post to android-develop?

    Tim

  • Nathan at Aug 14, 2013 at 3:58 am

    I am getting this exception, maybe from just one guy who has a ZTE500
    with Android 2.3.4.
    I haven't seen that one; did you mean to post to android-develop?

    Yes, I managed to get it moved.