We recently released an iTunes version of our popular Android app
RadarNow!. It's doing well there. We're running AdMob house ads on the
Android version already. That seems to be a success as well (1.96% CTR).

Question: Should we add "Now on iTunes" to the Google Play store
description?

-John Coryat

  • William Ferguson at Jun 16, 2013 at 10:39 pm
    I don't think it can hurt.

    Many people have more than one device, some spanning the iOS/Android
    divide. And there is always the recommend to friend route and if they have
    seen that on your app description then they will tell their friend with
    their iPhone that they can get it too.

    William

    We recently released an iTunes version of our popular Android app
    RadarNow!. It's doing well there. We're running AdMob house ads on the
    Android version already. That seems to be a success as well (1.96% CTR).

    Question: Should we add "Now on iTunes" to the Google Play store
    description?

    -John Coryat
  • Nathan at Jun 17, 2013 at 8:35 pm
    I think Apple will object if you mention in your iTunes listing that the
    app is popular on Google Play. But the other way around, there isn't much
    downside.

    I think the big choice is whether to put it in the first four sentences or
    in the rest of the description, which few people ever read.