FAQ
Anyone noticed a loss of ratings in the dev console yesterday ?
Also, 200 +1's just disappeared suddenly, like that.


What happened ?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Search Discussions

  • Reinwald Warapen at Jun 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm
    Yes, I did face the same yesterday. Faced the issue again just now. I've
    mailed support and reported the issue.

    Reinwald Warapen
    http://reinwaldwarapen.com

    On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM, b0b wrote:


    Anyone noticed a loss of ratings in the dev console yesterday ?
    Also, 200 +1's just disappeared suddenly, like that.


    What happened ?

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • John Coryat at Jun 1, 2013 at 2:18 pm
    I saw a loss of 35 1 star ratings. Increased our average rating to 4.32
    from 4.31. I only monitor the 1 star comments so I don't know if the other
    ones were affected. Overall, it's a positive for us.

    -John Coryat

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Michael Pujos at Jun 1, 2013 at 2:27 pm

    On 01/06/2013 16:18, John Coryat wrote:
    I saw a loss of 35 1 star ratings. Increased our average rating to
    4.32 from 4.31. I only monitor the 1 star comments so I don't know if
    the other ones were affected. Overall, it's a positive for us.
    If you also lost +1's in the process it will not be a positive as they
    are quite important for rankings....

    This issue remembers frequent lost active / total install counts and
    other numbers about 2 years ago.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Ott at Jun 1, 2013 at 3:55 pm
    I've also noticed a loss of both 5 and 1-star ratings in the past 24 hours,
    because those are the ones I remember the most. I don't keep track of
    exact numbers though, so some mid star ratings could have disappeared too.
    I'm not sure if I lost +1's or not. Maybe I should start tracking this
    stuff...

    In the past, I've noticed a loss of a few 5-star ratings, but then a few
    days later they'll come back all at once along with the reviews associated
    with those ratings. I always attributed that to their servers being out of
    sync or something of that nature. But this time seems a bit different.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • John Coryat at Jun 1, 2013 at 6:12 pm
    So far today I've lost over 50 one star ratings.

    At IO I discussed this with the Play people and they said they are
    constantly removing false and duplicate comments and ratings from the
    system. He said to expect a lot more in the future.

    Losing 50 one star ratings is huge. It takes a lot of five star ratings to
    make up for a single one star one.

    -John Coryat

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Michael Pujos at Jun 1, 2013 at 6:47 pm
    I lost 10 one star and I don't know how many 5 stars exaclty but I think
    about 100.
    Average rating did not change.
    On 01/06/2013 20:12, John Coryat wrote:
    So far today I've lost over 50 one star ratings.

    At IO I discussed this with the Play people and they said they are
    constantly removing false and duplicate comments and ratings from the
    system. He said to expect a lot more in the future.

    Losing 50 one star ratings is huge. It takes a lot of five star
    ratings to make up for a single one star one.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Nathan at Jun 2, 2013 at 3:42 am

    On Saturday, June 1, 2013 11:12:27 AM UTC-7, John Coryat wrote:
    So far today I've lost over 50 one star ratings.

    So far, I've lost only a few of those if any.

    Maybe it wasn't just one guy with multiple personalities who hates me after
    all. ;(

    Nathan

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Brian Conrad at Jun 2, 2013 at 7:18 pm
    I only have a few one stars on my paid apps and none on one of them.
    They were also early on and mainly from some impatience or someone not
    understanding how to use the app. I had some of my high star people even
    bash them for the review. I also clarified things in the description so
    others wouldn't make the same mistake.

    - Brian
    On 06/01/2013 08:41 PM, Nathan wrote:


    On Saturday, June 1, 2013 11:12:27 AM UTC-7, John Coryat wrote:

    So far today I've lost over 50 one star ratings.


    So far, I've lost only a few of those if any.

    Maybe it wasn't just one guy with multiple personalities who hates me
    after all. ;(

    Nathan
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
    Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
    an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • John Coryat at Jun 2, 2013 at 7:53 pm
    I have 1,463 one star reviews! I can stand to lose a few of those. I also
    have 15,745 five star reviews.

    -John Coryat
    On Sunday, June 2, 2013 2:17:56 PM UTC-5, jtoolsdev wrote:

    I only have a few one stars on my paid apps and none on one of them.
    They were also early on and mainly from some impatience or someone not
    understanding how to use the app. I had some of my high star people even
    bash them for the review. I also clarified things in the description so
    others wouldn't make the same mistake.

    - Brian

    On 06/01/2013 08:41 PM, Nathan wrote:


    On Saturday, June 1, 2013 11:12:27 AM UTC-7, John Coryat wrote:

    So far today I've lost over 50 one star ratings.

    So far, I've lost only a few of those if any.

    Maybe it wasn't just one guy with multiple personalities who hates me
    after all. ;(

    Nathan
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
    "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
    email to android-discu...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>.
    To post to this group, send email to android...@googlegroups.com<javascript:>
    .
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.



    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • B0b at Jun 1, 2013 at 10:41 pm
    lost 100 +1s more today it seems.

    All is not bad as it seems all of this has also changed ranking quite a bit.
    Was ranked 2 for the obvious keyword for my app and now 1.


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Mike Wolfson at Jun 1, 2013 at 11:16 pm
    I noticed the missing ratings, but it was a benefit for me (my average
    rating went up).

    I am used to my stats changing in the Play Market - it seems like this sort
    of thing happens all the time.

    Accurate ratings and reviews is a good thing, so for the most part, I think
    I want to see the ratings curated and fixed.

    I think ratings will be a little different moving forward - now that they
    are tied to the users Google + ID.

    -M
    On Saturday, June 1, 2013 12:50:13 AM UTC-7, b0b wrote:


    Anyone noticed a loss of ratings in the dev console yesterday ?
    Also, 200 +1's just disappeared suddenly, like that.


    What happened ?
    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Nathan at Jun 2, 2013 at 3:53 am

    On Saturday, June 1, 2013 4:15:56 PM UTC-7, Mike Wolfson wrote:
    I noticed the missing ratings, but it was a benefit for me (my average
    rating went up).

    I am used to my stats changing in the Play Market - it seems like this
    sort of thing happens all the time.
    Accurate ratings and reviews is a good thing, so for the most part, I
    think I want to see the ratings curated and fixed.
    Yes. I wouldn't mind them fixing their so called "Most Helpful" rankings
    either.

    Nathan

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • John Coryat at Jun 2, 2013 at 3:54 pm
    Yes. I wouldn't mind them fixing their so called "Most Helpful" rankings
    either.

    Oddly, you can skew the "Most helpful" rankings of your app by regularly
    going into the web interface and marking good ratings as helpful and bad
    ones as not (thumb up/down). The numbers of people using that feature must
    be incredibly small as I've seen the results first hand from doing this.

    -John Coryat

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Michael Pujos at Jun 2, 2013 at 4:48 pm

    On 02/06/2013 17:53, John Coryat wrote:
    Yes. I wouldn't mind them fixing their so called "Most Helpful" rankings
    either.

    Oddly, you can skew the "Most helpful" rankings of your app by
    regularly going into the web interface and marking good ratings as
    helpful and bad ones as not (thumb up/down). The numbers of people
    using that feature must be incredibly small as I've seen the results
    first hand from doing this.

    -John Coryat
    It seems to do nothing for the first 3 reviews though (and you know how
    it is annoying to have one or two bad reviews at the top that never
    seems to want to go).
    The only way I know to reshuffle these 3 first reviews is to make an app
    update, which will generate a flurry of new reviews.
    Unfortunately this doesn't work for small unlocker app which are almost
    never updated.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • B0b at Jun 4, 2013 at 10:05 am
    Guess what ?


    All the lost ratings and +1's are back today.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Nathan at Jun 4, 2013 at 3:58 pm

    On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:05:12 AM UTC-7, b0b wrote:


    Guess what ?


    All the lost ratings and +1's are back today.
    I guess it was another one of those experiments cut short because too many
    developers noticed.

    Nathan

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Michael Pujos at Jun 4, 2013 at 4:00 pm

    On 04/06/2013 17:58, Nathan wrote:

    I guess it was another one of those experiments cut short because too
    many developers noticed.

    Nathan
    Or a weird database issue that got fixed...


    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
  • Ott at Jun 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm

    On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:00:29 AM UTC-7, b0b wrote:

    Or a weird database issue that got fixed...

    My ratings came back too. As noted before, I actually see this happen
    quite often (ratings disappear then come back a few days later). This time
    seemed odd because more disappeared than normal, but they still came back.

    --
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Discuss" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-discuss+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    To post to this group, send email to android-discuss@googlegroups.com.
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/android-discuss?hl=en.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupandroid-discuss @
categoriesandroid
postedJun 1, '13 at 7:50a
activeJun 4, '13 at 5:37p
posts19
users7
websiteandroid.com

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2019 Grokbase