Hi,
I have developed an app long time back using google map api v1, there i
have used mapview. Now i want to make some changes in that but i couldnt be
able to create map api key for that app now. How can i create the map api
key for that.
I know that map api v1 is deprecated but to use map api v2 in my app , i
have to make so many changes in my app which i do not want.
Cant i create the map api key for google map v1???? Can anyone suggest me???

Thanks.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.

  • TreKing at Mar 25, 2014 at 11:42 pm

    I have developed an app long time back using google map api v1, there i
    have used mapview. Now i want to make some changes in that but i couldnt be
    able to create map api key for that app now.
    What happened to your existing key?

    How can i create the map api key for that.
    You can't.

    I know that map api v1 is deprecated but to use map api v2 in my app , i
    have to make so many changes in my app which i do not want.
    Yup, it sucks.

    Cant i create the map api key for google map v1????
    No, you cannot!!!!

    Can anyone suggest me???
    I suggest you find your old V1 key, remove the map from your app, or
    embrace V2!!!

    Good luck.

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
  • Abhilash Baddam at Mar 26, 2014 at 3:37 am
    Hi Treking,

    Thanks for the reply.

    My existing key is not working. While developing the app, I used different
    machine now in the same code i am making changes in some other machine,
    after making the changes if i run the app then the map is not getting
    loaded need to change the map api key it seems.
    Do we need to create the api key every time if we make changes in different
    machines?
    How can i use the existing key now?

    On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Abhilash Baddam <
    I have developed an app long time back using google map api v1, there i
    have used mapview. Now i want to make some changes in that but i couldnt be
    able to create map api key for that app now.
    What happened to your existing key?

    How can i create the map api key for that.
    You can't.

    I know that map api v1 is deprecated but to use map api v2 in my app , i
    have to make so many changes in my app which i do not want.
    Yup, it sucks.

    Cant i create the map api key for google map v1????
    No, you cannot!!!!

    Can anyone suggest me???
    I suggest you find your old V1 key, remove the map from your app, or
    embrace V2!!!

    Good luck.

    ---
    "Android Developers" group.
    email to android-developers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Android Developers" group.
  • Abhilash Baddam at Mar 26, 2014 at 5:51 pm
    any help on this.... :)

[...]

  • TreKing at Mar 27, 2014 at 2:18 am