  • Martynas Mickevičius at Dec 18, 2014 at 2:03 pm
    Hi Krishna,

    just calling context.actorSelection(...) with a remote path does not hit
    network and is naturally latency and bandwidth independent.

    Now if you want to get an ActorRef from ActorSelection you need to either
    send an Identify message or call resolveOne on ActorSelection. This has a
    cost of a message round-trip and is dependent on your network latency.