Hello,

I'm working on a project that interacts with Gmail accounts via IMAP and
authenticates with OAuth2. I'm having a hard time finding a non-blocking
way of getting those messages.

So far I've tried:
1) Camel-Mail: doesn't seem to support OAuth2. I tried using the
Camel-async-http library but I'm not sure if that will work.
2) Sitebricks-mail: the latest release (0.8.8) doesn't support OAuth2 and
0.8.9-SNAPSHOT doesn't build. I can tweak it to build but I'd prefer not
to write production software against an unreleased library that requires
tweaks on my part.

Does anyone know of others out there?

--
---

  • Vatel at Jul 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm
    Hi Ryan,

    our team is using a tweaked version of sitebricks during several weeks
    (already in production!). Yes it has some problems but it is rather
    simple so you can add what you want easily.
    We have added OAuth2 support (it works with Google) and we have done
    some other patches, one of them - using DelimiterBasedFrameDecoder - is
    absolutely critical. I believe most of them are published as pull
    requests, please look at sitebricks site. If there will be more interest
    I may check that all patches are sent to the site, just let me know!

    Also I was going to take core sitebricks classes (implementing IMAP
    protocol without dependency on network transport) and build sitebricks
    on top of Akka 2.2 I/O, I suppose it can be easily done - again, due to
    clean architecture of sitebricks, thanks to its author!

    Victor