�Is there any body running Powerhouse on Oracle / Sybase ?

I`ve got a few questions I`d like to ask...

Werner

Werner Adams
Columbus Stainless
013-2472717
iaisa7_at_columbus.co.za

Search Discussions

  • Arianna Veronesi at Jan 3, 1996 at 4:17 am
    I have a problem about Oracle Forms.
    I have a table with a column 'col' declared as char(8). If I make a select ...
    from ...
    where col='value' where value is a a string less than 8 characters, the Oracle
    database
    retrieves also this record, while Forms doesn't retrieve it. I have checked with
    the debugger the query that it produced and it is the same that I have tried
    directly
    on Oracle database. I have also tried to apply a rpad to the string in order to
    add
    the blanks but it doesn't change anything and I can't manipulate the query
    because it
    is made automatically by the execute_query in Forms.
    Thanks,

    Arianna Veronesi
  • Rajesh Batra at Jan 3, 1996 at 4:28 am
    try blank padding

    (ltrim / rtrim) as char fields have trailing blanks
  • Ian Skepper at Jan 3, 1996 at 5:21 am
    Received from ISS.SKEPPEI 6013 03-01-96 10.04

    -> MAILEX.IBMMAIL.INTERNET

    -: - - - - - - - - - - > ROUTING VIA MAIL EXCHANGE

    Dear All,

    I am currently having a problem with the DBMS_SQL dynamic SQL package.
    I have a function EXEC_SQL which parses and executes the SQL statement
    which is passed to it and returns the value of SQLCODE. This works fine
    for one of my requirements which is to be able to CREATE USER..., ALTER
    USER..., DROP USER... etc. However when I try to create a view even as
    simple as CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW TEST AS SELECT SYSDATE COL1 FROM DUAL
    then I get ORA-1031 insufficient priveleges. Executing the statement from
    SQL*PLUS as the same user creates the view with no problem.
    Can anyone help?

    TIA

    Ian Skepper

    Legal & General
    gblegl7j_at_ibmmail.com
  • Rajesh Batra at Jan 3, 1996 at 5:41 am
    The answer to your problem is given in a manual called 'Oracle Server7
    Addendum documentation'. People I always say RTFM (Read the Freaking Manual).

    Cheers
  • Srinivas N.Reddy at Jan 3, 1996 at 7:03 am
    EST

    id AA00309; Wed, 3 Jan 96 17:13:06+050