10.1 and import into 11.1? If so, can someone point me to the
documentation?

Search Discussions

  • Ramadoss, Karthik at Nov 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm
    With one of the Oracle suggested upgrade methods, it sounds like the jobs will be automatically migrated over.

    http://docs.oracle.com/html/E22625_09/overview_upg_approaches.htm#CJAHJGJI

    I did a fresh 12c install and just recreated the jobs since we just had a couple of dozen jobs. I went this route since the whole 12c architecture is different and I didn't want to bring over any unnecessary stuff over from 11g.

    Thanks,
    Karthik

    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of John Smith
    Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:22 PM
    To: oracle-l@freelists.org
    Subject: OEM Grid Control Upgrade

    We are looking at upgrading our OEM Grid Control version 10.1 to version 11.1. We have several jobs configured in OEM grid control. It looks like upgrading is going to involve at least two, and maybe 3 steps (10.1=>10.2.0.x=>10.2.0.4=>11.1, along with db and weblogic installation).
    I would rather just do a reinstall, but we would lose the job definitions.
    Is it possible to export the job definitions from oem grid control version
    10.1 and import into 11.1? If so, can someone point me to the documentation?

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 1, '12 at 7:22p
activeNov 2, '12 at 12:32p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

John Smith: 1 post Ramadoss, Karthik: 1 post