I've just inherited an Oracle 8.1.7 database on Windows 2000.

No one has the SYS / SYSTEM passwords.

I've logged onto the server as an local administrator, domain admin and I'm
also a member of the ORA_DBA group.

Drop to a CMD prompt, set ORACLE_SID=SID name and try to connect to that via
a TNS entry or the Oracle SID.

Trying to connect /@DBNAME as SYSDBA or INTERNAL, for both I get ORA-01031:
insufficient privileges.

Is there some other group or something else I'm missing ?

Need to be able to get control of this database.

Thanks
Steve

Search Discussions

  • Hans Forbrich at Jun 10, 2012 at 5:43 am
    http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Svrmgrl
    and
    http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:670117794561
    might be useful