Hello All,
Hope Everyone is doing great!!

Could anyone please share the steps of upgrading the database from 10g to
11g on unix in dataguard environment.
I have upgraded only standalone instances, but have never tried the
dataguard db's.

--
Thanks & Regards
Nilesh

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness
surrounding it."--Einstein
"All men die, few men ever truly live" -- Braveheart
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot
by yourself, sitting alone in a room." --Dr. Seuss
"Know me for what I do and for not what I am. Judge me for what I can do
and not for what I have done."-Unknown
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may
not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."- Albert Camus
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat
you with experience." - Unknown

  • Randal Bennett at Jun 7, 2012 at 8:01 pm
    Nilesh,
    Oracle's recommended method is to perform a rolling upgrade. The process is described in this white paper:

    <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/maa-wp-10gr2-rollingupgradebestprac-1-132006.pdf>

    ________________________________
[...]

  • Nilesh kumar at Jun 8, 2012 at 1:16 pm
    Thank you All, lemme review the docs and reply if i have any question.
    Thanks a lot

    <
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/maa-wp-10gr2-rollingupgradebestprac-1-132006.pdf
[...]

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJun 7, '12 at 6:26p
activeJun 8, '12 at 1:16p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Nilesh kumar: 2 posts Randal Bennett: 1 post