Environment:
Windows 2008x64

Oracle DB 10.2.0.4

Oracle Warehouse Builder 11.1.0.6

I'm planning on upgrading my database and OWB repository to 11.2.0.3,
I've been through a few DB upgrades already, so that seems straight
forward. I've read through the documentation on upgrading the OWB
repository. What I haven't found is whether the database or repository
should be upgraded first? Does the order matter? Does anybody have any
tips/pointers/gotchas from a similar experience?

Thanks in advance,

T. J. Kiernan

Database Administrator

Pharmaceutical Technologies, Inc.

tkiernan@pti-nps.com

Search Discussions

  • TJ Kiernan at May 25, 2012 at 4:47 pm
    Resending in plain text (whoops)

    Environment:
    Windows 2008x64
    Oracle DB 10.2.0.4
    Oracle Warehouse Builder 11.1.0.6

    I'm planning on upgrading my database and OWB repository to 11.2.0.3, I've been through a few DB upgrades already, so that seems straight forward.  I've read through the documentation on upgrading the OWB repository.  What I haven't found is whether the database or repository should be upgraded first?  Does the order matter?  Does anybody have any tips/pointers/gotchas from a similar experience?

    With as much time as it took me to setup a test environment for this, I'd like to shorten my testing.

    Thanks in advance,
    T. J. Kiernan
    Database Administrator
    Pharmaceutical Technologies, Inc.