Primary db is in a 2 node cluster
Solaris 10
Rac, asm,rbdms - 11.2.0.3

Logical standby (no rac)
Solaris 10
asm, rdbms - 11.2.0.3

thanks

Hello,
We've created a logical standby, and discovered
issues with tables that have function-based indexes.
Its appear the LSB does not use them. This caused
the LSB to lag far behind the primary database.
This particular DB has over a thousand tables with
FBIs.

To resolve this, we're adding unique indexes to the
offending tables that require them. To me, this is not
an ideal solution, especially as table volumes grow.

I'm considering implementing active dataguard, and use this
as our reporting DB. I hope to be able to try this in a week
or so.

Hasn't anyone used active dg to resolve the FBI issue ?

Does anyone have any other solutions ?

Your feedback is appreciated.

thanks
ed lewis