List,
Small question. I'm looking at some Oracle Support notes and trying to
interpret the time.

Here is an example:

*Oracle Support - March 15, 2012 4:57:52 AM GMT-05:00 [Information]*

Okay, does that mean the timestamp is 4:57 AM GMT?

Or does it mean that it is GMT minus 5 hours? So let's say Midnight GMT?

I'm just trying to convert these times to U.S. Central Daylight Time.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,
Dennis Williams

Search Discussions

  • Rodd Holman at Mar 26, 2012 at 3:17 pm
    The timezone is GMT-05:00 so your time is GMT -5 hours.
    Therefore to find GMT from the time given add 5 hours. This timestamp
    would be 09:57:52 GMT.
    The time reported is reporting in the local timestamp/zone
    --Rodd
    Small question. I'm looking at some Oracle Support notes and trying to
    interpret the time.

    Here is an example:

    *Oracle Support - March 15, 2012 4:57:52 AM GMT-05:00 [Information]*

    Okay, does that mean the timestamp is 4:57 AM GMT?

    Or does it mean that it is GMT minus 5 hours? So let's say Midnight GMT?

    I'm just trying to convert these times to U.S. Central Daylight Time.

    Any help appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Dennis Williams

  • Dennis Williams at Mar 26, 2012 at 3:23 pm

    Thanks everyone. Okay, CDT is GMT-5:00, so now the log makes sense.

    Dennis Williams

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 26, '12 at 3:05p
activeMar 26, '12 at 3:23p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Dennis Williams: 2 posts Rodd Holman: 1 post