Hello all,

I am trying to duplicate a 3TB database, which has 927 datafiles. It is failing with the following error. Some of the google notes refers me to work with the backup media vendor. I have contacted Netbackup vendor Symantec but has not got a solution yet and wondering if anyone from this list experienced similar problem and have some recommendations.
Database version: 10.2.0.4
Netbackup client for Oracle: NetBackup-Solaris10 6.5.5
OS: Sun Solaris 10.

Channel aux4: reading from backup piece /incr0_TWDMAS_365890_776372926_a2n4d0lu
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 03/19/2012 09:50:58
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
RMAN-10038: database session for channel aux1 terminated unexpectedly

BTW: I am able to duplicate many other databases (all smaller than this problematic one) to the same UNIX server without any problem. Not sure if the size or the high number datafiles in backup is causing any issue or not.

Thanks,
Ashoke Mandal

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE]

Information transmitted by this email is proprietary to Medtronic and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is private, privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please delete this mail from your records.

To view this notice in other languages you can either select the following link or manually copy and paste the link into the address bar of a web browser: http://emaildisclaimer.medtronic.com

Search Discussions

  • Taylor, Chris David at Mar 19, 2012 at 8:04 pm
    Have you checked the alert log for the database you are trying to duplicate to?

    Oracle has a couple of bug reports for unexpected channel terminations but you'll need the error from the alert log file to narrow it down.

    Thanks,

    Chris Taylor

    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
    -- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

    Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its employees.

[...]

  • Mandal, Ashoke at Mar 20, 2012 at 4:03 am
    I noticed that it generates the following error in alert log:
    Errors in file /phx11dbt1/u01/app/oracle/admin/vtwdmas/udump/vtwdmas_ora_6462.trc:
    ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [VxBSAGetData()+716] [SIGSEGV] [Address not mapped to object] [0x000000DF8] [] []

    The tracefile has the following message but the sbtio.log doesn't have any information as the size of sbtio.log is 0.
    SKGFQ OSD: Error in function sbtread2 on line 1156
    SKGFQ OSD: Look for SBT Trace messages in file /phx11dbt1/u01/app/oracle/admin/vtwdmas/udump/sbtio.log
    Exception signal: 11 (SIGSEGV), code: 1 (Address not mapped to object), addr: 0xdf8, PC: [0xffffffff7d736d94, VxBSAGetData()+716]

    Couldn't locate any note in Metalink related to this error. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ashoke

[...]

  • Radoulov, Dimitre at Mar 20, 2012 at 8:17 am

    RMAN restore, getting error ORA-07445 [VxBSAGetData()+673] [ID 849486.1]
    Ora-7445 [Vxbsagetdata()+680] Found In Alert Log Unregularly Everyday
    [ID 421949.1]

    Regards
    Dimitre
  • De DBA at Mar 20, 2012 at 10:48 am
    Reposted due to overquoting..

    Did you check the NetBackup Media Manager's logs? Perhaps it is trying to read from a tape that is not (no longer) mounted? Those logs should be on the NetBackup Media server, not necessarily on the database host (depending on your setup, of course).

    Cheers,
    Tony