TIA,
-Li

Search Discussions

  • D'Hooge Freek at Mar 9, 2012 at 12:13 am
    Do you mean to expire the password or to just lock the account?
    The first can be done via profiles (password_life_time) for the other I think you will need to create a scheduler job that checks the user creation times to verify if it has expired or not.
    If so, it issues an alter user account lock statement.

    Regards,

    Freek D'Hooge
    Uptime
    Oracle Database Administrator
    email: freek.dhooge@uptime.be
    tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
    http://www.uptime.be
    disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer

    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of Li Li
    Sent: vrijdag 9 maart 2012 0:59
    To: oracle-l
    Subject: how to expire an account

    Hi, List,

    I wonder how to expire an account after certain days? I looked at
    profile and all the password resource_type doesn't seem to accomplish
    that purpose. Anyone suggestion or comments?

    TIA,
    -Li

  • Li Li at Mar 9, 2012 at 12:20 am
    I meant to lock the account completely... I was wondering if there's a
    simple way to accomplish that... profile was the first I looked at,
    and was hoping a combination of resource_type would do that but I
    guess not. Thanks for your suggestion!