Gurus,
Any way to segregate vendors or external groups that when defined in Active
directory prevents an Oracle R12 EBS user account from getting created ?

Thank you for any ideas

Best regards,

Search Discussions

  • Jared Still at Feb 1, 2012 at 6:01 pm

    On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Bala wrote:
    Gurus,
    Any way to segregate vendors or external groups that when defined in Active
    directory prevents an Oracle R12 EBS user account from getting created ?

    Thank you for any ideas
    Yes, I have done that. It was on Apps 11i, but that really doesn't matter.

    The key is to put employees and anyone else that should have an account
    created in Apps into a Group created for the purpose.

    If your company is Widgets Inc LLC then you might create a group WdgtIncEmp
    that only employees belong to.

    That group is used as part of a filter for the AD integration.

    It might look like this:
    ( ou=or in this case means OU of 'Oregon')

    searchfilter=(|(memberof=cn=WdgtIncEmp,ou=or,dc=widgetinc,dc=com)(isDeleted=TRUE))

    Jared Still
    Home Page: http://jaredstill.com
  • Bala at Feb 2, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    Jared,
    Thank you very much for pointing me towards a solution.

    just to clarify --, you are saying put all employees who should not be
    deleted into a group and put a filter " isDeleted=TRUE" condition -- or
    should it "isDeleted=FALSE" instead ?

    Thanks again for your time

    Best regards
    Bala -

    --
    Bala Rao

  • Jared Still at Feb 3, 2012 at 1:40 am
    Hi Bala,
    Been awhile since I did this, but it is correct as is, at least it was for
    us.

    Do you have a test system for this?

    I always ran this stuff in test first.

    Like I mentioned, it's been awhile and I don't recall the reason for
    IsDeleted=TRUE

    Anyway, here's an Oracle note for you.
    At least according to my notes, this is why I used it.

    The "(isDeleted=TRUE)" was added later as per this ML note
    276481.1 Troubleshooting OID DIP Synchronization Issues

[...]

  • Jared Still at Feb 3, 2012 at 3:20 am