From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of Mark W. Farnham
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:17 AM
To: oracle-l@freelists.org
Subject: RE: Killer SQL and PGA

ulimit?

The tradeoff here is whether to utilize virtual memory to allow gargantuan jobs to theoretically be processed at all. Seymour Cray nailed that in one when he was asked why his systems did not support virtual memory.

It will always be possible to concoct queries and problems that cannot be solved within the limits of any arbitrary amount of real memory.

  • MacGregor, Ian A. at Jan 31, 2012 at 6:22 pm
    You may be interested in

    http://www.scidb.org
    From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Taylor, Chris David [ChrisDavid.Taylor@ingrambarge.com]
  • Joel Patterson at Jan 31, 2012 at 7:00 pm
    I have a 17Gb table I would like to replicate to either oracle or sqlserver.

    It contains a LONG data type columns which is incompatible with materialized views.

    Sugestions?

    Joel Patterson
    Database Administrator
    904 727-2546