Hi list,
I have been trying to figure this out for a few days, perhaps some of you
can help me crack this
I need to replicate from database A into database B and from database B
into database C. Database A cannot replicate directly to database C due to
firewall constraints. Is this possible with Dataguard? Or will I have to go
with goldengate?

Thanks in advance
Alan.-

Search Discussions

  • Kathryn axelrod at Jan 25, 2012 at 9:16 pm
    Hi Alan,

    I'm not sure if you looked into cascaded standbys?
    There are some restrictions such as you can't have a RAC primary, but
    in general, the setup sends the logs from a to b and b to c..
    (http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14072_01/server.112/e10700/cascade_appx.htm)

    -k

    On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Guillermo Alan Bort
    I have been trying to figure this out for a few days, perhaps some of you
    can help me crack this
    I need to replicate from database A into database B and from database B
    into database C. Database A cannot replicate directly to database C due to
    firewall constraints. Is this possible with Dataguard? Or will I have to go
    with goldengate?

    Thanks in advance
    Alan.-

grouporacle-l @