Hi Friendes,
I need to plan an activity in order to migrate a database from Oracle 8i
to Oracle 10g, maybe 10.2.0.x.

I have in my mind that I need export using exp (8i version) and import
using imp (10g version).
Is it correct ?

Is there any special thing to pay attention ?

Regards
Eriovaldo

Search Discussions

  • Guillermo Alan Bort at Jan 14, 2012 at 2:12 pm
    check mOS for certified upgrade path, I think 8i to 10.1 is supported, and
    I expect 8i to 10.2 would be as well. If it is supported you can either use
    DBUA, upgrade scripts (catupgrd) or export import. IF you choose to use
    export import I suggest you create the tablespaces AND users beforehand, 8i
    users could have "system" as their temp tablespace, starting with 9i you
    need a dedicated tablespace for temp. Also, I suggest you read up on
    upgrade and migration if this is a critical database because there are a
    few pitfalls to look out for.
    hth

    cheers
    Alan.-

    On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Eriovaldo Andrietta
    I need to plan an activity in order to migrate a database from Oracle 8i
    to Oracle 10g, maybe 10.2.0.x.

    I have in my mind that I need export using exp (8i version) and import
    using imp (10g version).
    Is it correct ?

    Is there any special thing to pay attention ?

    Regards
    Eriovaldo

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle