on ORACLE 10GR2 we plan to use "alter index index_name rebuild" to rebuild index. For index type "normal" it is O.K.

BUT I found some index type are "function_based index". Can I use "alter index ... rebuild" to rebuild it?

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Greg Rahn at Jan 9, 2012 at 4:35 pm
    You should be able to answer your own question by testing in a sandbox
    environment, like the SCOTT schema or similar.
    on ORACLE 10GR2 we plan to use "alter index index_name rebuild" to rebuild
    index. For index type "normal" it is O.K.

    BUT I found some index type are "function_based index". Can I use "alter
    index ... rebuild" to rebuild it?

    Greg Rahn | blog <http://bit.ly/u9N0i8> | twitter <http://bit.ly/v733dJ> |
    linkedin <http://linkd.in/gregrahn>

  • G at Jan 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm
    Yes, it is. You might want to rebuild online to avoid locking issues if you are on enterprise edition.

    Sent from my iPhone
    on ORACLE 10GR2 we plan to use "alter index index_name rebuild" to rebuild index. For index type "normal" it is O.K.

    BUT I found some index type are "function_based index". Can I use "alter index ... rebuild" to rebuild it?

    Thanks.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJan 9, '12 at 4:09p
activeJan 9, '12 at 5:13p
websiteoracle.com

3 users in discussion

Greg Rahn: 1 post Dba1 mcc: 1 post G: 1 post