Where else can I look?

[cid:image001.png@01CCCEB2.AB3DDB00]

Search Discussions

  • Sweetser, Joe at Jan 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm
    Seems like the classic symptom of anti-virus software of some sort on a Windows box running Oracle.

    hth,
    -joe

    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce@freelists.org On Behalf Of Eugene Pipko
    Sent: Monday, January 09, 2012 10:49 AM
    To: oracle-l@freelists.org
    Subject: backup failure

    Hi all,
    I am having spermatic (Oracle 9.2 on Win2K3) during cold backup.
    I can see in the rman log file that database goes down completely, but when it comes back up it reports the error:
    Errors in file d:\ora2003\app\oracle\admin\repd\bdump\repd_lgwr_3528.trc:
    ORA-01110: data file 44: 'D:\ORACLE_SAN\INDEX\SALES_INDX\REPD_SALES_INDX_01.ORA'
    ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file 44 (block # 1)
    ORA-27041: unable to open file
    OSD-04002: unable to open file
    O/S-Error: (OS 32) The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

    I can see that our BI application had a job scheduled at the same time against this d/b, but not sure if it can hold one of the files locked because d/base went down completely (according to the rman log file).
    Where else can I look?

    [cid:image001.png@01CCCEB2.AB3DDB00]

    Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.

  • Jeffrey Beckstrom at Jan 9, 2012 at 6:00 pm
    Do you have something performing a file system backup of the files?

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    Information Systems
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113
    Eugene Pipko <eugene.pipko@unionbay.com> 1/9/12 12:48 PM >>>
[...]

  • Eugene Pipko at Jan 9, 2012 at 6:13 pm
    Network admins say "No"
[...]

  • Rich Jesse at Jan 9, 2012 at 6:29 pm
    One way to determine what has a file open is to grab the free "Process
    Explorer" utility from MS at
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

    Unzip it and run it on the server. Use "Find" on the menu to search for
    some distinct part of the locked file and it will tell you what has it
    opened.

    HTH! GL!

    Rich
    Network admins say "No"
    Do you have something performing a file system backup of the files?

  • Eugene Pipko at Jan 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm
    Thank you all for replies. I will check it out.