Hi to you all,
is there anyone using Grid Control 11g to monitor Databases Instances 8i ?
I'm using agent 10.2.0.5 with the lastest PSU (October 2011) applied to it,
but I'm still facing some problems.
Can anyone give some kind of help ? Point me to a good article in Oracle
Support ? So far I haven't found anything useful.

Something I've found:
https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1068760

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ricardo Santos.

Search Discussions

  • Subodh Deshpande at Jan 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm
    Hello Richard,
    What problems you are facing..
    with 10g OEM and 10g agents it is possible to monitor 8i databases...I
    believe..

    thanks..subodh
    is there anyone using Grid Control 11g to monitor Databases Instances 8i ?
    I'm using agent 10.2.0.5 with the lastest PSU (October 2011) applied to it,
    but I'm still facing some problems.
    Can anyone give some kind of help ? Point me to a good article in Oracle
    Support ? So far I haven't found anything useful.

    Something I've found:
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1068760

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards,
    Ricardo Santos.

    Love me or Hate me both are in my Favour.
    Love me, I am in your Heart. Hate me, I am in your Mind.

  • Hans Forbrich at Jan 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm
    OEM 11g totally dropped support to monitor Oracle8i. OEM 10gR5 can
    sort-a monitor Oracle8i IF you use Agent 10.2.0.4 or older.
    (Support note 412431.1)

    AFAIK, the change in Oracle Networking that makes 10gR2 ps3 client
    incompatible with 8.1 SQL*Net has raised it's ugly head.

    (Support note 207303.1)

    /Hans

    is there anyone using Grid Control 11g to monitor Databases Instances 8i ?
    I'm using agent 10.2.0.5 with the lastest PSU (October 2011) applied to it,
    but I'm still facing some problems.
    Can anyone give some kind of help ? Point me to a good article in Oracle
    Support ? So far I haven't found anything useful.

    Something I've found:
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1068760

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards,
    Ricardo Santos.

  • Fuad Arshad at Jan 2, 2012 at 3:10 pm
    While I dont have the support note handy I believe 10.2.0.5 agent supports only 9.2.0.8 and above

    Fuad

    is there anyone using Grid Control 11g to monitor Databases Instances 8i ?
    I'm using agent 10.2.0.5 with the lastest PSU (October 2011) applied to it,
    but I'm still facing some problems.
    Can anyone give some kind of help ? Point me to a good article in Oracle
    Support ? So far I haven't found anything useful.

    Something I've found:
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1068760

    Thanks in advance.

    Best Regards,