Hi

Did anyone heard from Oracle Training On Demand? See
http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=600

Are the video clips for download? Do they have some sort of DRM? Howto
learn offline?

The site doesn't work in Safari (Mac OS X Lion with latest patches),
but works fine in Firefox on the same OS.
See http://i.imgur.com/mkVrn.png

Sadly very expensive :-( For example "ORACLE DATABASE: INTRODUCTION TO
SQL" (5 days) cost in Germany € 3,748.50. And that's an entry level
course.

cheers Sven

Search Discussions

  • Rich Jesse at Dec 5, 2011 at 9:26 pm

    Sven writes:

    Did anyone heard from Oracle Training On Demand? See
    http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=600
    I had my company purchase an Oracle CBT for one of the "New Features"
    courses -- 9i or 10g, I forget which. Going through the material, there
    were one or two items that were flat out incorrect. That's really
    inexcusable for training materials at this level.

    To their credit, Oracle Corp was very interested in my feedback, offered a
    full refund, and adamant that it would be corrected. But I have to admit
    the experience has made me more than a little hesitant to purchase another
    CBT. The content on your web link does pique my interest though.

    On the other hand, I've had very positive experiences with instructor-led
    training in the past. I'm not entirely sold on the more recent emphasis on
    the GUIfication of some of the DBA tasks, but that's another thread...

    GL!

    Rich
  • Joel Patterson at Dec 6, 2011 at 12:42 pm
    Yes, I have seen that before, (more than once), and it is frustrating because you second guess. A really good one is when you get asked a question on an OCP exam, and you know you have a situation that fits more than one answer... but you only get one :) (the right one of course).

    Joel Patterson
    Database Administrator
    904 727-2546

[...]

grouporacle-l @