Hi folks,

how can I check using RMAN the oldest completed but still stored RMAN backup
which can be used to recovery the whole database ?

Regards
Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)

Search Discussions

  • Sidney Chen at Dec 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm
    You can try the "list backup summary"
    The LV column with *F* is full database backup, with backup completed date
    ascending.
    Before that, you may need to crosscheck the backup set and delete the
    obsolete ones first.

    (resend due to over quoting)
  • Martijn Bos at Dec 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm
    Hi,

    I'm not aware of a "ready to shoot" command/query to get the information.

    You can however do a "list backup"
    Afaik this is in chronological order of the backups.

    Before listing the backups you can "crosscheck backup" and "delete expired"
    Do not use "delete obsolete", since the backup pieces are apperantly there, en so thery are usable for restore and recovery.

    Best Regards,
    Martijn Bos
    how can I check using RMAN the oldest completed but still stored RMAN backup
    which can be used to recovery the whole database ?

    Regards
    Przemyslaw Bak (przemol)

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle