All -

Oracle 9i
HP-UX 11.x

I have a primary database on one server and a physical standby database on another - databases and servers are identical. I recently had to move some files around on the primary because of tablespace growth and would like to get the standby database to have the same structure. Can anyone tell me how to rename data files on a physical standby database? When I attempted to ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE '…….' TO '…….'; I received the error below…..

ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files
ORA-01275: Operation RENAME is not allowed if standby file management is
automatic.

I would like to get the physical structure of the standby database to match the primary database.

Thanks in advance,
Bill--

  • Bill Zakrzewski at Nov 30, 2011 at 3:40 am
    You can disregard, I found a document that showed the steps required�..
    1. Shutdown standby
    2. Move data files
    3. Mount Standby
    4. Change STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to MANUAL
    5. Rename datafiles
    6. Change STANDBY_FILE_MANAGEMENT to AUTO
    7. Switch on managed recovery

    Bill

    I have a primary database on one server and a physical standby database on another - databases and servers are identical. I recently had to move some files around on the primary because of tablespace growth and would like to get the standby database to have the same structure. Can anyone tell me how to rename data files on a physical standby database? When I attempted to ALTER DATABASE RENAME FILE '��.' TO '��.'; I received the error below�..

    ORA-01511: error in renaming log/data files
    ORA-01275: Operation RENAME is not allowed if standby file management is
    automatic.

    I would like to get the physical structure of the standby database to match the primary database.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bill

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle