Hi guys/gals:
I have been dropped a bombshell this morning. We are currently on AIX
pSeries with database and application on the same box. Has anyone migrated
the Lawson database from Oracle to SQL Server? How easy / difficult is the
conversion? Are tables/data types etc the same? What is the performance
impact of this?

I am trying to collect information for a possible move from Oracle/AIX to
SQL Server /Windows.

Thanks,

Manjula

Search Discussions

  • Dennis Williams at Nov 18, 2011 at 7:49 pm
    Manjula,
    I worked for Lawson several years ago. How much data do you have?
    Lawson has (well, had when I worked with it) built-in tools that can
    perform this conversion for you. You simply define a new data source in SQL
    Server and then execute a command to move your data from one system to
    another. The tables are exactly the same on both systems. My only
    reservation is if you have vast amounts of data such that the time might be
    longer than you like. Or if you have extremely stringent downtime
    requirements - but then next week is a Thanksgiving holiday :-).

    Dennis Williams
    I have been dropped a bombshell this morning. We are currently on AIX
    pSeries with database and application on the same box. Has anyone migrated
    the Lawson database from Oracle to SQL Server? How easy / difficult is the
    conversion? Are tables/data types etc the same? What is the performance
    impact of this?

    I am trying to collect information for a possible move from Oracle/AIX to
    SQL Server /Windows.

    Thanks,

    Manjula

grouporacle-l @