Hi

I am not an experienced programmer so I am searching for something
simple. In the past years I did all my scripting needs with Bash
(Shell Script) scripts and SQL*Plus. Now more and more Windows
platforms, so Bash doesn't work anymore.

What simple scripting language do you recommend me that runs on
Windows and UNIX? No Perl, it's too complicated.
Scripts are mostly in combination with SQL*Plus.

cheers
Sven

Search Discussions

  • Norman Dunbar at Nov 10, 2011 at 2:58 pm
    Sven,
    I am not an experienced programmer so I am searching for something
    simple. In the past years I did all my scripting needs with Bash
    (Shell Script) scripts and SQL*Plus. Now more and more Windows
    platforms, so Bash doesn't work anymore.
    Yes it does! You can install Cygwin on Windows and use a bash shell in
    that.

    http://www.cygwin.com/

    Cheers,
    Norm.

    --
    Norman Dunbar
    Dunbar IT Consultants Ltd

    Registered address:
    Thorpe House
    61 Richardshaw Lane
    Pudsey
    West Yorkshire
    United Kingdom
    LS28 7EL

    Company Number: 05132767
  • Sven Aluoor at Nov 10, 2011 at 3:12 pm