I have been given the task of setting up rman to run from Grid Control.
I have no training in rman so I'm winging it. The first question is
whether or not I should use FRA. I'm assuming yes; my boss wants me to
justify why.

Denise Gwinn
DBA WVNET

ps My background is on VMS. Grid Control and the database I'm testing
are on Linux boxes.

Search Discussions

  • Michael Dinh at Nov 9, 2011 at 6:34 pm
    http://uhesse.wordpress.com/2011/09/22/the-recovery-area-why-it-is-recommended/

    HTH

    Michael Dinh

    Disparity Breaks Automation (DBA)

    Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong - Peter T Mcintyre

    NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY - This material is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws.  BE FURTHER ADVISED THAT THIS EMAIL MAY CONTAIN PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI). BY ACCEPTING THIS MESSAGE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOREGOING, AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS: YOU AGREE TO NOT DISCLOSE TO ANY THIRD PARTY ANY PHI CONTAINED HEREIN, EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PERMITTED AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PERFORM YOUR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THE RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE.  If the reader of this email (and attachments) is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error and delete the e-mail you received. Thank you.

    I have been given the task of setting up rman to run from Grid Control.
    I have no training in rman so I'm winging it. The first question is
    whether or not I should use FRA. I'm assuming yes; my boss wants me to
    justify why.

    Denise Gwinn
    DBA WVNET

    ps My background is on VMS. Grid Control and the database I'm testing
    are on Linux boxes.

  • Denise Gwinn at Nov 9, 2011 at 6:50 pm
    Thank you, Michael. That is exactly what I need to take to my boss.

    Denise Gwinn
    DBA WVNET
    Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong - Peter T Mcintyre

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedNov 9, '11 at 6:25p
activeNov 9, '11 at 6:50p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Denise Gwinn: 2 posts Michael Dinh: 1 post