Is it just me, or is 11g Grid Control exceptionally hard to get your hands around?
So far:

1. I was getting errors

2011-10-26 00:00:15,961 [JobWorker 34273:Thread-82] ERROR em.jobs startDownload.812 - OpatchUpdateLatest: The Software Library directory has not been configured 2011-10-26 10:19:54,585 [EMUI_10_19_54_/console/functions] WARN util.PAUtil loadCheckPrivilegesFlag.923 - Unable to load privilege check flag

Metalink was *no* help but found the answer on a wordpress blog (Yay http://camoraict.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/oracle-enterprise-manager-grid-control-11g-setting-up-the-software-library3.pdf)

2. Oracle 11g Grid Control "Master Note" doesn't contain Oracle Notes that I think it probably should such as:

a. Note 1276554.1 11g Grid Control: Details of the Directory Structure and Commonly Used Locations in a 11g OMS Installation

b. Note 1104050.1 11g Grid Control: How to Process Control (start, stop check status) the 11g Oracle Management Service (OMS)?

*Personally* I think both of those *should* be in the "Master" note.......

3. And have you *ever* tried to find patches for Oracle 11g Grid Control on Metalink??
I looked for the terms "Oracle Grid Control", "Grid Control", "Oracle Enterprise Manager", "Oracle Middleware", "Middleware", "Oracle Management Server" and maybe a couple of others. You know where the patches are found? "Enterprise Manager Base Release"

Moving on....

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor@ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedOct 26, '11 at 7:52p
activeOct 26, '11 at 7:52p