Listers,
We have a 10.105 database that was installed as part of the application
install. We are unable to log into the database as sys user. The password
file is there, it has been recreated etc. remote_login_pwd_file is set to
exclusive. We are able to change the password of the sys user logged in as
system user, but the change does not affect the password file at all. The
timestamp on the password file does not change. To make sure we are checking
the correct oracle home, I checked which sqlplus is being used in the
operating system before getting into sqlplus. Has anyone seen such a case?

Thanks
Ram

Search Discussions

  • Subodh Deshpande at Oct 8, 2011 at 6:26 am
    Hello Ram,
    have you given the path while creating the password file, if not then the
    password file will get created from where you fire the command and that is
    why you are not able to see the change in timestamp.

    search for the password files you will find them..if you copy the new file
    to the old file location it will work..

    thanks and take care..subodh
    We have a 10.105 database that was installed as part of the application
    install. We are unable to log into the database as sys user. The password
    file is there, it has been recreated etc. remote_login_pwd_file is set to
    exclusive. We are able to change the password of the sys user logged in as
    system user, but the change does not affect the password file at all. The
    timestamp on the password file does not change. To make sure we are
    checking
    the correct oracle home, I checked which sqlplus is being used in the
    operating system before getting into sqlplus. Has anyone seen such a case?

    Thanks
    Ram

    DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY

  • Niall Litchfield at Oct 8, 2011 at 7:55 am
    If you modify the password file the change does not affect a running
    instance (at least in your version that might be fixed by 11.2).
    However can you not authenticate as the oracle user locally on the
    box?