We do a bunch of direct path insert into partitions and also merge loads
into partitioned tables and we are seeing long waits on ST enq.

22 node 11.1.0.7 RAC on RHEL5

All the tablespaces are LMT.

I want to understand how this enque works, could not get a lot of details
other than it is a space transaction enq, usually a problem on Non LMT
tablespaces.

Any details/info is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Deen

Search Discussions

  • Peter Hitchman at Oct 6, 2011 at 4:13 pm
    Hi,
    Could you work around the problem by pre-allocating extents to the
    tables involved?
    Sorry no detail on how the ST enque works.

    Regards
    Pete
    We do a bunch of direct path insert into partitions and also merge loads
    into partitioned tables and we are seeing long waits on ST enq.

    22 node 11.1.0.7 RAC on RHEL5

    All the tablespaces are LMT.

    I want to understand how this enque works, could not get a lot of details
    other than it is a space transaction enq, usually a problem on Non LMT
    tablespaces.

    Any details/info is greatly appreciated.

    thanks
    Deen

    Regards

    Pete
  • Dd yakkali at Oct 7, 2011 at 2:27 am
    Pete,
    thanks a lot for the tip. Most of my loads are direct path so preallocating
    does not help much. Also all our tablespaces are LMT big file tablespaces in
    the order of 15 to 20 Terabytes.

    I am curious to understanding how the ST works.

    thanks
    Deen
    Could you work around the problem by pre-allocating extents to the
    tables involved?
    Sorry no detail on how the ST enque works.

    Regards
    Pete
    We do a bunch of direct path insert into partitions and also merge loads
    into partitioned tables and we are seeing long waits on ST enq.

    22 node 11.1.0.7 RAC on RHEL5

    All the tablespaces are LMT.

    I want to understand how this enque works, could not get a lot of details
    other than it is a space transaction enq, usually a problem on Non LMT
    tablespaces.

    Any details/info is greatly appreciated.

    thanks
    Deen

    Regards

    Pete

  • Sidney Chen at Oct 7, 2011 at 5:28 am
    how the table is partitioned, range/list/hash or composite?
    segment space management of the tablespace is Auto or Manual? bigger extent
    size may help the huge data loading.

    please post the insert sql and 10046 trace for analyis.

[...]

    Sidney Chen

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedOct 6, '11 at 3:41p