FAQ
Has anyone seen drawbacks of setting �_clusterwide_global_transactions�
= false in 11202 cluster? We don't use XA much but do see lots of 'dfs
lock handle' waits. We already checked doc 1361615.1 but wanted to see if
anyone
has additional insight.
-----
Best regards
Raj

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan at Oct 6, 2011 at 11:52 am
    What's the actual lock for ? (in other words, what's the p1raw value)

    Regards
    Jonathan Lewis


    rjamya@gmail.com wrote:
    Has anyone seen drawbacks of setting �_clusterwide_global_transactions�
    = false in 11202 cluster? We don't use XA much but do see lots of 'dfs
    lock handle' waits. We already checked doc 1361615.1 but wanted to see if
    anyone
    has additional insight.
    -----
    Best regards
    Raj

    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Rjamya at Oct 6, 2011 at 12:01 pm
    Single Record View As of: 10/6/2011 7:51:43 AM
    EVENT: DFS lock handle
    P1TEXT: type|mode
    P1: 1146617861
    P1RAW: 0000000044580005
    P2TEXT: id1
    P2: 3376176309
    P2RAW: 00000000C93C5CB5
    P3TEXT: id2
    P3: 0
    P3RAW: 00
    WAIT_CLASS_ID: 1893977003
    WAIT_CLASS#: 0
    WAIT_CLASS: Other
    WAIT_TIME: 0
    SECONDS_IN_WAIT: 0
    STATE: WAITING
    The lock is always DX or BB and mode is always 5.

    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM, wrote:


    What's the actual lock for ? (in other words, what's the p1raw value)

    Regards
    Jonathan Lewis

    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Rjamya at Oct 6, 2011 at 12:18 pm
    Also forgot to add, We do use XA but all sessions for that app _always_
    connect to a single node. That is how app is partitioned.
    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM, rjamya wrote:

    Single Record View As of: 10/6/2011 7:51:43 AM
    EVENT: DFS lock handle
    P1TEXT: type|mode
    P1: 1146617861
    P1RAW: 0000000044580005
    P2TEXT: id1
    P2: 3376176309
    P2RAW: 00000000C93C5CB5
    P3TEXT: id2
    P3: 0
    P3RAW: 00
    WAIT_CLASS_ID: 1893977003
    WAIT_CLASS#: 0
    WAIT_CLASS: Other
    WAIT_TIME: 0
    SECONDS_IN_WAIT: 0
    STATE: WAITING

    The lock is always DX or BB and mode is always 5.

    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM, wrote:


    What's the actual lock for ? (in other words, what's the p1raw value)

    Regards
    Jonathan Lewis

    --
    -----
    Best regards
    Raj


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Riyaj Shamsudeen at Oct 9, 2011 at 4:47 pm
    Hello Raj
    You probably know this, but this is a new feature (11.2) in which XA
    transactions span across multiple instances with GTX background process
    (btw, this leads to interesting side effects). If you are not using this new
    feature, I don't see an issue disabling the feature.
    I am sure, this is probably a bug, but if you aren't sure, try disabling
    the feature and test it.
    Cheers
    Riyaj Shamsudeen
    Principal DBA,
    Ora!nternals - http://www.orainternals.com - Specialists in Performance,
    RAC and EBS11i
    Blog: http://orainternals.wordpress.com
    Oracle ACE Director and OakTable member http://www.oaktable.com

    Co-author of the books: Expert Oracle
    Practices<http://tinyurl.com/book-expert-oracle-practices/>,
    Pro Oracle SQL, Expert PL/SQL
    Practices<http://tinyurl.com/book-expert-plsql-practices>


    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:17 AM, rjamya wrote:

    Also forgot to add, We do use XA but all sessions for that app _always_
    connect to a single node. That is how app is partitioned.
    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM, rjamya wrote:

    Single Record View As of: 10/6/2011 7:51:43 AM
    EVENT: DFS lock handle
    P1TEXT: type|mode
    P1: 1146617861
    P1RAW: 0000000044580005
    P2TEXT: id1
    P2: 3376176309
    P2RAW: 00000000C93C5CB5
    P3TEXT: id2
    P3: 0
    P3RAW: 00
    WAIT_CLASS_ID: 1893977003
    WAIT_CLASS#: 0
    WAIT_CLASS: Other
    WAIT_TIME: 0
    SECONDS_IN_WAIT: 0
    STATE: WAITING

    The lock is always DX or BB and mode is always 5.

    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM, wrote:


    What's the actual lock for ? (in other words, what's the p1raw value)

    Regards
    Jonathan Lewis

    --
    -----
    Best regards
    Raj


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
  • Rjamya at Oct 10, 2011 at 1:17 am
    Thanks Riyaj,
    Yes we do use but application is guaranteed to connect to only one node when
    active. So, we asked Oracle, but no reply from OWS after 8-10 days, hence i
    thought I'll check here. We are testing it in our test environment but still
    the knowledge-base on the list is amazing.

    Thanks again
    Raj
    On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Riyaj Shamsudeen wrote:

    Hello Raj
    You probably know this, but this is a new feature (11.2) in which XA
    transactions span across multiple instances with GTX background process
    (btw, this leads to interesting side effects). If you are not using this new
    feature, I don't see an issue disabling the feature.
    I am sure, this is probably a bug, but if you aren't sure, try disabling
    the feature and test it.
    Cheers

    Riyaj Shamsudeen
    Principal DBA,
    Ora!nternals - http://www.orainternals.com - Specialists in Performance,
    RAC and EBS11i
    Blog: http://orainternals.wordpress.com
    Oracle ACE Director and OakTable member http://www.oaktable.com

    Co-author of the books: Expert Oracle Practices<http://tinyurl.com/book-expert-oracle-practices/>,
    Pro Oracle SQL, Expert PL/SQL Practices<http://tinyurl.com/book-expert-plsql-practices>


    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:17 AM, rjamya wrote:

    Also forgot to add, We do use XA but all sessions for that app _always_
    connect to a single node. That is how app is partitioned.
    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM, rjamya wrote:

    Single Record View As of: 10/6/2011 7:51:43 AM
    EVENT: DFS lock handle
    P1TEXT: type|mode
    P1: 1146617861
    P1RAW: 0000000044580005
    P2TEXT: id1
    P2: 3376176309
    P2RAW: 00000000C93C5CB5
    P3TEXT: id2
    P3: 0
    P3RAW: 00
    WAIT_CLASS_ID: 1893977003
    WAIT_CLASS#: 0
    WAIT_CLASS: Other
    WAIT_TIME: 0
    SECONDS_IN_WAIT: 0
    STATE: WAITING

    The lock is always DX or BB and mode is always 5.

    Raj
    On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM, wrote:


    What's the actual lock for ? (in other words, what's the p1raw value)

    Regards
    Jonathan Lewis

    --
    -----
    Best regards
    Raj


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l


    --
    -----
    Best regards
    Raj


    --
    http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedOct 5, '11 at 8:04p
activeOct 10, '11 at 1:17a
posts6
users3
websiteoracle.com

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase