Dear Oracle gurus,

I have a question and not able to get much help from go

I was wondering if any of you have bumped into this issue. I am
getting into Oracle DB timeout issue where the Oracle DB table lock
does not release, and the application fails to start. "Unable to get
exclusive access to the table, please check if another application
instance is running against the same database schema".

When try to find db connections(v$session, v$process) from that user,
I get 0 rowcount.

Any troubleshooting help/pointer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Raju

Search Discussions

  • Taral Desai at Sep 30, 2011 at 10:45 pm
    This error is different isn't it
    ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception

    I have a question and not able to get much help from go

    I was wondering if any of you have bumped into this issue. I am
    getting into Oracle DB timeout issue where the Oracle DB table lock
    does not release, and the application fails to start. "Unable to get
    exclusive access to the table, please check if another application
    instance is running against the same database schema".

    When try to find db connections(v$session, v$process) from that user,
    I get 0 rowcount.

    Any troubleshooting help/pointer is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you
    Raju

    Thanks & Regards,
    Taral Desai