Went live with Grid Control 11.1 on Windows last week. Today noticed thousands and thousands of rotatelogs processes. We killed them and they slowly come back. For now, we are killing them every 3 hours. Any ideas on what is causing them to be repeatedly spawned?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
Information Systems
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

Search Discussions

  • Niall Litchfield at Sep 26, 2011 at 4:01 pm
    Permissions on the log directory?.
    Went live with Grid Control 11.1 on Windows last week. Today noticed
    thousands and thousands of rotatelogs processes. We killed them and they
    slowly come back. For now, we are killing them every 3 hours. Any ideas on
    what is causing them to be repeatedly spawned?

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    Information Systems
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113
  • Jeffrey Beckstrom at Sep 26, 2011 at 4:03 pm
    There okay - logs are getting created. Oracle did update my SR stating should have been fixed with PSU 4. However, we had the system install PSU 4 as part of the upgrade.
    Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@gmail.com> 9/26/11 12:00 PM >>>
    Permissions on the log directory?.

    Went live with Grid Control 11.1 on Windows last week. Today noticed thousands and thousands of rotatelogs processes. We killed them and they slowly come back. For now, we are killing them every 3 hours. Any ideas on what is causing them to be repeatedly spawned?

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    Information Systems
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

grouporacle-l @