I have to issue this command for some auditing:
alter system set audit_trailÛ scope=spfile;

My question is that I still use a pfile. So do I use both or memory or nothing for scope?

ciao,
Brian

Brian J. Zelli
title => Senior Database Administrator
dept => Enterprise Applications/Systems Integration
org => Roswell Park Cancer Institute
phone => (716) 845-4460
email => brian.zelli@roswellpark.org

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

Search Discussions

  • Taylor, Chris David at Sep 21, 2011 at 6:28 pm
    For the pfile, you'd have to add it manually, or recreate pfile from spfile to have it included.

    You can't write directly to the pfile otherwise I don't think.

    Chris Taylor
    Sr. Oracle DBA
    Ingram Barge Company
    Nashville, TN 37205
    Office: 615-517-3355
    Cell: 615-663-1673
    Email: chris.taylor@ingrambarge.com

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

[...]

  • Taylor, Chris David at Sep 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm
    Ugh - I probably misread that. Maybe you mean you don't use spfile?

    Chances are that parameter is not instance modifiable. So you'd have to add it to the pfile and restart the database for it to have any affect.

[...]

  • Zelli, Brian at Sep 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm
    Correct. I don't use spfile. So I just add it to the pfile and restart the db?

[...]

  • Ingrid Voigt at Sep 21, 2011 at 6:34 pm