Hi All,
I have a critical issue on configuring Grid asm instances.

CRS installed correctly.

I have created 2 disks with "dd ..." on NFS mounted mount point. Both files
and directory holding them has oracle:

1> crsctl stat res ora.asm lists 2 oracle asm resources, with possible
(cluster has 2 nodes) +ASM1 and +ASM2 as instances.
2> crs_stat -t lists them offline.
3> /etc/init.d/oracleasm listsdisks successfully lists 2 disks I have
created for asm.

Now I want to configure diskgroup, I start asmca and do not see any disks
listed.
I change asm_diskstring to the directory where these files are located, but
asmca does not seem to see them.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DP.

Search Discussions

  • D'Hooge Freek at Sep 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm
    Do you see them in asm itself (v$asm_disk)

    show parameter asm_diskstring

    set pages 999
    set linesize 200
    column library format a15
    column path format a70
    column os_mb format 999G999G999

    select name, header_status, state, library, os_mb, path
    from v$asm_disk;

    regards,

    Freek D'Hooge
    Uptime
    Oracle Database Administrator
    email: freek.dhooge@uptime.be
    tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
    http://www.uptime.be
    I have a critical issue on configuring Grid asm instances.

    CRS installed correctly.

    I have created 2 disks with "dd ..." on NFS mounted mount point. Both files
    and directory holding them has oracle:

    1> crsctl stat res ora.asm lists 2 oracle asm resources, with possible
    (cluster has 2 nodes) +ASM1 and +ASM2 as instances.
    2> crs_stat -t lists them offline.
    3> /etc/init.d/oracleasm listsdisks successfully lists 2 disks I have
    created for asm.

    Now I want to configure diskgroup, I start asmca and do not see any disks
    listed.
    I change asm_diskstring to the directory where these files are located, but
    asmca does not seem to see them.

    What am I missing here?

    Thanks,
    DP.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedSep 20, '11 at 2:37p
activeSep 20, '11 at 2:54p
websiteoracle.com

2 users in discussion

Dhimant Patel: 1 post D'Hooge Freek: 1 post