thanks, joe

PS: Someone at oracle want to give me the C structure for the file? :)

Search Discussions

  • CRISLER, JON A at Sep 9, 2011 at 11:44 pm
    Somebody has a blog entry on how to reconstruct a missing broker configuration. I don't think it was automated but it got me out of jam once. I will try to find the link.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org On Behalf Of TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com
    Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 9:04 AM
    To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
    Subject: yes this is a re-run from about 1 year ago, DG Broker config dump?

    Well i opened an SR w/oracle and they said "that's an enhancement request,
    we'll get back to you", yea right.

    Anyways in the world of backup/recovery, i want to dump the DG broker
    config file into something readable, its binary and mostly useless.

    Before i embark on a shell script to do the various "show" configuration,
    database, instance and parse thru the info, anyone have any better ideas?

    thanks, joe

    PS: Someone at oracle want to give me the C structure for the file? :)

  • Rjamya at Sep 12, 2011 at 12:25 pm
    Joe,
    There is dbms_drs.dump_meta which is hardly documented but looks like
    something you can try out. There is little info in the spec but worth a
    shot.
    Raj
    Anyways in the world of backup/recovery, i want to dump the DG broker
    config file into something readable, its binary and mostly useless.
  • Marcin Przepiorowski at Sep 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm