I need to give access to grid control to some testers. I know how to set up
a user where they only get access to certain databases and limit privileges.
They need access to the performance tab and there is an oracle note on what
minimum DB privileges they need. So that is all done.

However, is there a way that I can remove extra tabs that they don't have
access to do work on from being seen in their account? These are people that
work for our client and are not local. This will make it simpler for them to
find what they need (even if I write instructions), and will lead to me
getting less calls about X is broke when it just says they don't have
privileges to perform the task.

Search Discussions

  • Robert Hanuschke at Aug 31, 2011 at 3:03 pm
    Hi,

    I've been talking to some EM product managers about exactly that and
    it was a requirement of the company I was working back then, out of
    the same reasons you mention. Unfortunately, we were only told that
    this might be implemented in future versions and that it indeed is on
    their roadmaps.
    But until 11.1 there is no supported possibility to hide tabs/sections.

    Best regards,
    Robert
    http://robertvsoracle.blogspot.com