Hi List,

We are planning our DR solution at a client. The distance between the
production and DR site will be ~ 266miles.

Based on your experiences what is the best solution (if we can say that):

Oracle Data Guard or Storage Snapshots?

***Oracle 10.2.0.5 running on AIX 6.1***

Thanks a lot in advance,

Thiago Maciel

Search Discussions

  • Fuad Arshad at Aug 18, 2011 at 1:34 am
    I've down DR at more than that distance and used both scenarios
    A 10.2.0.5 dataguard physical and emc srdf . Both are doable . It all depends Ob testing and validity with storage snapshots as a DBA I found it harder to confirm ad validate and most of management responsibility was with the SAN and Unix team with Dataguard I felt more in control since I had charts and reports readily accessible to show lag time etc and testing was mostly to brung the db up have the app connect and the flashback and start apply
    Both methods have their merits and demerits but both are valid and workable solutions

    Fuad