Well, since my company isnt able to bring on a new experience DBA until next
year, I have been asked to train one of our system admins on the basic
basics of oracle. Can someone point me to a good dba 101 resource on users,
tables, and tablespaces and privileges in Oracle? She has worked with
Oracle before, but it was in a single application/single schema database and
oracle version 8.

--
Andrew W. Kerber

  • TJ Kiernan at Jul 13, 2011 at 3:26 pm
    It’s not DBA 101 (it’s written for developers), but Tom Kyte’s Expert Oracle Database Architecture was what I used as a new DBA. Mr. Kyte is both immensely descriptive and easy to read. The book provides a foundational knowledge of how Oracle works from which expanding into specific duties should be much easier.

    Short of that, the Concepts guide and the 2 Day guides in the Oracle documentation library are full of good information, but I happen to prefer a book made with dead trees and Tom’s book brought me to a place where I could get up to speed very quickly.

    Thanks,

    T. J.

    Well, since my company isnt able to bring on a new experience DBA until next year, I have been asked to train one of our system admins on the basic basics of oracle. Can someone point me to a good dba 101 resource on users, tables, and tablespaces and privileges in Oracle? She has worked with Oracle before, but it was in a single application/single schema database and oracle version 8.

    --
    Andrew W. Kerber

  • Grzegorz Goryszewski at Jul 13, 2011 at 4:54 pm

    Well, since my company isnt able to bring on a new experience DBA until next
    year, I have been asked to train one of our system admins on the basic
    basics of oracle. Can someone point me to a good dba 101 resource on users,
    tables, and tablespaces and privileges in Oracle? She has worked with
    Oracle before, but it was in a single application/single schema database and
    oracle version 8.
    She ? Congratulations :). Have You considered 'Oracle 2 Day DBA Course ' ?
    like http://st-curriculum.oracle.com/obe/db/10g/r1/2day_dba/users/users.htm

    Regards
    GG

    Znajdz samochod idealny dla siebie!