Hi List,

I have a Datapump import question:

Oracle 10.2.03 on Solaris 9

I have need to copy schema from one prod to dev database on weekly basis.
Datapump export took about 15 minutes.
Problem is with datapump import. Tables and indexes gets imported within
reasonable time (about hour) but table statistics takes very long time.

Import process stays at following for about more than three hours

Processing object type
DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS

Is there any way to exclude table statistics? (similar to STATISTICS=N in
old export)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Mayen

Search Discussions

  • Sweetser, Joe at Jun 30, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    Yes,

    exclude=statistics

    Hth,
    -joe

    I have need to copy schema from one prod to dev database on weekly basis. Datapump export took about 15 minutes.
    Problem is with datapump import. Tables and indexes gets imported within reasonable time (about hour) but table statistics takes very long time.

    Import process stays at following for about more than three hours

    Processing object type DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS

    Is there any way to exclude table statistics? (similar to STATISTICS=N in old export)

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you
    Mayen
    Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT Managers, LLC, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.
  • Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com at Jun 30, 2011 at 4:32 pm
    Thank you Joe,

    I will test it out and will update.

    Thanks
    Mayen

[...]

  • Bradd Piontek at Jun 30, 2011 at 11:27 pm
    Are you sure it is importing table statistics and not importing some really
    large table?

    I would hit ctrl-c and type in 'status' to see what it is doing.

    Bradd Piontek
    I have need to copy schema from one prod to dev database on weekly basis.
    Datapump export took about 15 minutes.
    Problem is with datapump import. Tables and indexes gets imported within
    reasonable time (about hour) but table statistics takes very long time.

    Import process stays at following for about more than three hours

    Processing object type
    DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS
    Is there any way to exclude table statistics? (similar to STATISTICS=N in
    old export)

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you
    Mayen
  • Rjamya at Jul 1, 2011 at 12:27 am
    Bradd, this is due to a bug in dbms_metadata package and can be see if you
    use remap_schema or remap_tablespace for impdp.

    Raj

    --
    -----
    Best regards

  • Mayen.Shah_at_lazard.com at Jul 1, 2011 at 3:25 am
    Yes Bradd, I am sure it is importing table statistics because out put on
    terminal as well as tail of datapump log file stays at following statement
    for more than 4 hours.

    Processing object type
    DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS

    At that point tables were already imported (again confirmed by the output
    of a command)

    What puzzles me is importing tables took less than an hour while
    statistics import took more than four hours.

    Thank you
    Mayen

    Are you sure it is importing table statistics and not importing some
    really large table?

    I would hit ctrl-c and type in 'status' to see what it is doing.

    Bradd Piontek

    I have need to copy schema from one prod to dev database on weekly basis.
    Datapump export took about 15 minutes.
    Problem is with datapump import. Tables and indexes gets imported within
    reasonable time (about hour) but table statistics takes very long time.

    Import process stays at following for about more than three hours

    Processing object type
    DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/STATISTICS/TABLE_STATISTICS

    Is there any way to exclude table statistics? (similar to STATISTICS=N in
    old export)

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thank you
    Mayen