List,

I am trying to download WebLogic from e-delivery and I get a javascript
error on IE and it just hangs there... no error, no timeout, no download.

I tried it from Firefox, Safari and Chrome... all from Windows. None seem to
work, all show the same behaviour (no timeout, no download).

Anyone experiencing something similar? any suggestions?

thanks
Alan.-

Search Discussions

  • Ingrid Voigt at Jun 13, 2011 at 6:58 pm
    My colleagues and I frequently get this with OTN database, client, and
    agent downloads. IE and Firefox on Windows XP.
    And no other websites will work afterwards - have to close the browser
    and try again later.

    No idea how to make it work.

    I never had the problem with edelivery, though.

    Best regards
    Ingrid
    I am trying to download WebLogic from e-delivery and I get a javascript
    error on IE and it just hangs there... no error, no timeout, no download.

    I tried it from Firefox, Safari and Chrome... all from Windows. None
    seem to work, all show the same behaviour (no timeout, no download).

    Anyone experiencing something similar? any suggestions?

    thanks
    Alan.-
  • Guillermo Alan Bort at Jun 13, 2011 at 9:18 pm
    Well, I just left it a LOOOONG while and it finally downloaded the file...
    perhaps there's something wonky with my proxy...

    cheers
    Alan.-
    My colleagues and I frequently get this with OTN database, client, and
    agent downloads. IE and Firefox on Windows XP.
    And no other websites will work afterwards - have to close the browser
    and try again later.

    No idea how to make it work.

    I never had the problem with edelivery, though.

    Best regards
    Ingrid

    I am trying to download WebLogic from e-delivery and I get a javascript
    error on IE and it just hangs there... no error, no timeout, no download.

    I tried it from Firefox, Safari and Chrome... all from Windows. None
    seem to work, all show the same behaviour (no timeout, no download).

    Anyone experiencing something similar? any suggestions?

    thanks
    Alan.-
  • Anonymous at Jun 14, 2011 at 6:45 am
    Morning Alan,
    Well, I just left it a LOOOONG while and it finally
    downloaded the file... perhaps there's something wonky with
    my proxy...
    I'm behind a firewall, a proxy and the "thought police" here. When
    downloading, everything hangs while the proxy gets hold of whatever it
    was I requested, and the thought police scans it for nasties. In IE
    version 6 (don't ask, it's government work I do!) I see "starting ..."
    then a long delay - the bigger the download the bigger the delay - then
    "done".

    I think the client IE session isn't getting updated on progress from the
    proxy which is doing the download?

    I may be wrong of course, I'm not the worlds best
    networking/proxy/download guru!

    Cheers,
    Norm.

    Norman Dunbar
    Contract Senior Oracle DBA
    Capgemini Database Team (EA)
    Internal : 7 28 2051
    External : 0113 231 2051

    Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

    We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
    We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

    If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedJun 13, '11 at 6:31p
activeJun 14, '11 at 6:45a