Database Administrator
904 727-2546

Search Discussions

  • Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com at Jun 10, 2011 at 1:59 pm
    They went away. Maybe it was only me, or only temporary.

    Joel Patterson
    Database Administrator
    904 727-2546

    From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org On Behalf Of Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com
    Sent: Friday, June 10, 2011 9:43 AM
    To: oracle-l@freelists.org
    Subject: Metalink

    FYI:

    I am getting Health Check service is unavailable, Patch service is unavailable and Configuration service is unavailable.

    Message states to check Site Alerts on the Dashboard for more details. Site Alerts are telling me that configuration collector outage and Community outage are both planned for weekend of June 17th.........

    Joel Patterson
    Database Administrator
    904 727-2546
  • Rich Jesse at Jun 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

    Joel writes:

    They went away. Maybe it was only me, or only temporary.
    Nope. Been struggling with XML errors (providing a scary amount of
    information for unscrupulous types) and HTTP resets on the certification
    part of MOS this morning.

    Looks like the weekend started early for Oracorp!;)

    Rich
  • Goulet, Richard at Jun 10, 2011 at 7:34 pm
    Someone here made a statement a while ago that they were headed to
    Oracle to make some constructive criticisms of Metalink. Well I'd like
    to add one to that. I just updated an iTAR by uploading a file and then
    wanted to add some text to the ticket. Well the upload went well, but
    to add text you have to re-query the ticket and then add your comments.
    Otherwise you get this message that the "TAR has been updated by another
    session". Sure it has, mine, so why do I need to re-query for the iTAR?

    Richard Goulet

    Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader
  • Dave at Jun 10, 2011 at 8:05 pm
    I've noticed the same thing as well, but if you de-select hide system
    messages you will see that they are scanning the files for virus's and
    updating the SR. I believe thats the culprit.. For example, a clip
    of system messages from my SR:

    Oracle Support - June 8, 2011 4:17:32 PM GMT-04:00 [Update from Customer]
    Upload to gtcr successful for the file logs.tgz.

    Oracle Support - June 8, 2011 4:17:19 PM GMT-04:00 [Update from Customer]
    Virus Scan successfully completed for logs.tgz.

    Oracle Support - June 8, 2011 4:17:18 PM GMT-04:00 [Update from Customer]
    Upload to gtcr successful for the file trace.tgz.

    Oracle Support - June 8, 2011 4:17:07 PM GMT-04:00 [Update from Customer]
    Virus Scan successfully completed for trace.tgz.

    On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Goulet, Richard
    Someone here made a statement a while ago that they were headed to Oracle to
    make some constructive criticisms of Metalink.  Well I’d like to add one to
    that.  I just updated an iTAR by uploading a file and then wanted to add
    some text to the ticket.  Well the upload went well, but to add text you
    have to re-query the ticket and then add your comments.  Otherwise you get
    this message that the “TAR has been updated by another session”.  Sure it
    has, mine, so why do I need to re-query for the iTAR?

    Richard Goulet

    Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle