OS REDHAT 4 Oracle 10g

If you forget the slash in a db file convert parameter
as in

db_file_name_convert=("/fred/dir1/","/bill/dir1");
for an rman database duplicate you get duplicate files !

Ie /fred/dir1/system01.dbf becomes

/bill/dir1/system01.dbf
/bill/dir1system01.dbf

Not sure WHICH is the real db file though! .

--
Howard A. Latham

Sent from my Nokia N97

  • Taylor, Chris David at Jun 9, 2011 at 3:07 pm
    I would assume the datestamps on those 2 files are different and the database already existed at one point prior to the latest duplicate?

    Chris Taylor
    Sr. Oracle DBA
    Ingram Barge Company
    Nashville, TN 37205
    Office: 615-517-3355
    Cell: 615-663-1673
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

    If you forget the slash in a db file convert parameter
    as in

    db_file_name_convert=("/fred/dir1/","/bill/dir1");
    for an rman database duplicate you get duplicate files !

    Ie /fred/dir1/system01.dbf becomes

    /bill/dir1/system01.dbf
    /bill/dir1system01.dbf

    Not sure WHICH is the real db file though! .

    --
    Howard A. Latham

    Sent from my Nokia N97

  • Rich Jesse at Jun 9, 2011 at 3:10 pm

    Howard writes:

    If you forget the slash in a db file convert parameter
    as in

    db_file_name_convert=("/fred/dir1/","/bill/dir1");
    for an rman database duplicate you get duplicate files !
    Doesn't look like a bug at all. It seems like a nice way of telling Oracle
    to put data files up a directory level. The ending slash is present in the
    "from" but not the "to" -- that outcome looks very logical to me.

    My $.02,
    Rich
  • Rich Jesse at Jun 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm

    Doesn't look like a bug at all. It seems like a nice way of telling Oracle
    to put data files up a directory level. The ending slash is present in the
    "from" but not the "to" -- that outcome looks very logical to me.
    NM...I take it there wasn't two "system01.dbf" datafiles in fred...

    Rich
  • Howard Latham at Jun 9, 2011 at 3:20 pm
    Yes.
    Doesn't look like a bug at all. It seems like a nice way of telling Oracle
    to put data files up a directory level. The ending slash is present in the
    "from" but not the "to" -- that outcome looks very logical to me.
    NM...I take it there wasn't two "system01.dbf" datafiles in fred...

    Rich

    Howard A. Latham

    Sent from my Nokia N97

  • Howard Latham at Jun 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm
    but you get two copies of each file!
    If you forget the slash in a db file convert parameter
    as in

    db_file_name_convert=("/fred/dir1/","/bill/dir1");
    for an rman database duplicate you get duplicate files !
    Doesn't look like a bug at all. It seems like a nice way of telling Oracle
    to put data files up a directory level. The ending slash is present in the
    "from" but not the "to" -- that outcome looks very logical to me.

    My $.02,
    Rich

    Howard A. Latham

    Sent from my Nokia N97